Revisit Rethinking Materials: Watch a taster session from 2022’s summit ‘Financing Innovation: Investment, Equity, and the Road to Commercialisation’
While we eagerly await the next Rethinking Materials Summit on May 16-17, 2023, let’s look back on last year’s learnings and revisit the closing plenary that was an excellent summary of all that was discussed, debated, critiqued and presented over two days of high-level thought leadership and networking.
Fill in the short form below to get access to the full session!
- What is the role of investment groups in scaling material innovation, sustainable packaging, and solutions supporting a circular economy? How do investors approach the finance or funding of solutions in this space?
- Unlike traditional tech investments, the timeline to commercialisation for material innovation takes significantly longer. How can entrepreneurs approach raising capital that protects their equity while bringing products to market? How are companies leveraging venture debt capital, tax incentives, research grants, CMOs, and other forms of financing?
- What new strategies are VCs implementing to de-risk the development of novel materials and technologies? Where are we seeing catalytic capital plugging innovation gaps along the supply chain?
- Which solutions are attracting the greatest investment interest? What area of innovation is one to look out for? Are we striking a balance between investment in upstream and downstream solutions?
- How are SPAC deals impacting this space? How do they perform in comparison to investments managed by private equity firms? What does this mean for future valuations?
Neil Cameron, Partner, EMERALD TECHNOLOGY VENTURES, CANADA
Lucy Mortimer, Partner, ARCHIPELAGO ECO INVESTORS, UK
Michael Brandkamp, Founder and General Partner, EUROPEAN CIRCULAR BIOECONOMY FUND (ECBF), GERMANY
Philippe Mengal, Executive Director, CBE JU, BELGIUM
Alex Behar, Vice President, SANDBOX SUSTAINABILITY VENTURES,USA
Katrin Burt, Managing Partner, GROSVENOR FOOD & AGTECH, UK
Complete this short form to access the recording: